Skip to main content

Say hello to @Chad Gibson, a Project Coordination Manager with over 30 years of IT expertise.

Thanks to PagerDuty University's comprehensive training and certification programs, Chad gained valuable insights into incident response, digital operational strategies and post-mortems. Here's to continuous learning! 📚

Feel free to share more about your background (professional/personal), where you are originally from or based in, a memorable moment in your career/life, or any "one thing we can’t guess from your LinkedIn profile" type of story.:

Based in Atlanta, GA, my journey in incident management has paralleled my passion for international travel, a passion ignited by an international work assignment. This unique intersection has not only broadened my professional outlook but also deeply influenced my approach to managing crises and incidents.

Having had the privilege to visit five of the seven New Wonders of the World plus the only remaining ancient Wonder of the World and traveling across 5 of the 7 continents, I've gained a firsthand understanding of diverse cultures and operational environments. Each destination has offered invaluable lessons in adaptability, resilience, and the global perspective necessary in today's interconnected world—qualities that are essential in incident management.

This passion for exploration has taught me to navigate the complexities of global incident management with a more informed and nuanced approach. The ability to quickly adapt to new situations, understand diverse perspectives, and anticipate challenges before they escalate is crucial in our field. My international experiences have honed these skills, enabling me to manage incidents more effectively by applying lessons learned from around the globe.

The relationship between my career in incident management and my travels is a testament to the power of diverse experiences in enriching our professional lives. It's a reminder that stepping out of our comfort zones—whether by exploring new cultures or tackling unforeseen challenges in our work—can lead to profound growth and understanding.

How many years of working with PagerDuty products (please mention which ones) do you have?:

PagerDuty University since 2020

Tell us about your experience using a PagerDuty product, native integrations, custom APIs, extensions or add-ons to services/systems challenges you were trying to fix/solve/improve and what you achieved after the implementation (feel free to include performance metrics, if available or any fun/odd/remarkable stories).:

Facing the dual challenges of a limited budget and the necessity for adopting modern processes, my engagement with the resources available at PagerDuty University stands out. As a former Major Incident Response and Problem Management Manager, I sought ways to enhance my understanding and application of cutting-edge incident response techniques without the financial burden of new tools or services. The comprehensive training and certifications offered by PagerDuty, particularly focused on incident response, operational strategies, and post-mortems, provided invaluable insights.

What was remarkable about this journey was the accessibility of these resources to anyone, regardless of their status as a PagerDuty customer. This democratization of knowledge allowed me to delve into modern incident management practices and adapt these learnings to my context. While the direct application of PagerDuty products was not within my scope, the theoretical knowledge and strategies gleaned from PagerDuty University were instrumental in shaping my approach to incident and problem management.

This experience highlighted the importance of leveraging free, expert-led educational resources in overcoming the constraints of a limited budget, while still aiming to modernize operational processes. The engagement with PagerDuty University's content enriched my professional development and understanding of best practices in incident management.

What type of resources you like/use the most when in need of support? Knowledge Base, Ops Guides, LinkedIn/Twitch streams, 1o1 with Devops Advocate/Account Manager/Solutions Consultant, Community Forums, PagerDuty University training/certifications or other. Tell us why!:

PagerDuty University: Incident Responder Training and Certification. PagerDuty incident response process/documentation.

My go-to resource for support was PagerDuty University training and certifications. The depth and breadth of content available catered directly to my needs as a former Major Incident Response and Problem Management Manager. I particularly valued the practical insights and real-world applications it offered, including the emphasis on post-mortems—a crucial aspect of incident management that I learned to leverage effectively. This platform not only helped refine my technical skills but also fostered a sense of community and resilience among professionals. The expert-led education and comprehensive resources available through PagerDuty University significantly impacted my professional growth and effectiveness in managing complex operational challenges.

Do you have a favorite PagerDuty product and/or API, integration? Tell us why!:

Although I've never had the chance to directly utilize the PagerDuty platform, I've greatly benefited from the free access to the PagerDuty Modern Incident Response process documentation. This resource stands out as my favorite, providing comprehensive guidance on preparing for, managing during, and responding after an incident. The fact that PagerDuty makes this information freely available for both commercial and private use is incredibly valuable. It offers actionable insights and best practices that can be adapted to various operational contexts, reflecting PagerDuty's commitment to empowering teams beyond their customer base.

Be the next PagerDuty Community member featured

Worked on a custom integration, extension, or add-on using PagerDuty? Has a success use case story? Wrote an article that can help the dev community?

Join the Community and share your project with us to get the chance to be featured in PagerDuty Community content across social channels!

Be the first to reply!