Skip to main content

Hello,

I had set rules in pager duty to reduce noise and get calls only if the problem was critical. My problem is even if I set those rules using orchestration, I’m still getting the urgency high when it’s warning severity like in the screenshot below.

I’m glad for any help if someone knows about this problem.

Thank you in advance:

.pager-crit

Hi @kh. This one can be confusing!

The urgency settings are at the service level. So for the service you are targeting, you’ll want to go to the service page -> Settings -> Assign and Notify. Select “Dynamic notifications based on alert severity” from the dropdown and save the setting.

28%20PM

Then the rules in your Event Orchestration will run on the alerts that are received, and the incidents will be created based on what severity is set in the alert. If an alert has been modified in EO, the end-result severity is used; incident creation happens after all the modifications and rules in Event Orchestration.

HTH,

–mandi

Hi Mandi,

Thank you for your reply. besides this I put also the orchestration rule? or this is sufficient?

Changing the setting on the service should be sufficient. You can still use the EO if you need other things to be altered or some events to be suppressed, etc.