Skip to main content

We are using the PagerDuty APIs to get all incidents and single incidents successfully. What we need now is to be able to load CUSTOM DETAILS. I have tried using the include[] query parameter on some requests and have looked at the log entries API as well but still cannot figure out how to load this data? Can you provide a simple working example? I have seen other posts similar, but have not seen a working example yet.

Hi Raney

The /incidents/ endpoint is a 1 or all sort of thing. There’s no way to get a group of incidents based on a list in the same way there is to, for example, get a list of incidents based on a group of teams using the team_idsd] array option.

The custom_details are part of the alert objects, you’ll have to dig into each incident to uncover them. An individual incident can potentially have a large number of alerts grouped under it, and they aren’t combined into the incident object itself. Currently there isn’t a way to request to include all of the alert objects when querying incidents.

That was what my conclusion was as well, but thank you for validating this. We were able to use the team_id[] parameter just fine. It would be great if we had some more query parameter options to filter by statuses, etc. but I understand this is not available yet. Thanks again.