Skip to main content

Hi All! Just had LCR added to my account and set up a number. Upon testing, I’m a bit disappointed so far for the following reasons:

1. The voicemail does not come through on the initial call to the person on call. It would be preferable for the user’s voice message to play directly when acknowedging an incident.

2. The voicemail isn’t super obvious on the incident. It’s a little hyperlink at the bottom and opens in a separate window just to click the little play button.

3. The smartphone app seems completely useless for this feature. It shows the same hyperlink, but will not work unless you are actively logged into PagerDuty via your phone’s web browser.

Is this just how it is for LCR right now? Please tell me I’m missing something, because I’m extremely disappointed given the price that LCR costs.

Hi Davan,

I’m Ben the Product Manager of LCR, and I want to thank you for your feedback. I took your feedback down for future improvements.

1. It would be more convenient to listen to the VM immediately instead of going to the Incident. We handle an Incident created by an inbound LCR call like a regular Incident. The call has the function of just notifying the on-call responder.

2. Yes, it would be an improvement to make the link more visible and avoid opening a 2nd tab.

3. Logging into Pagerduty to listen to the recording has security reasons since we don’t want the link publicly available. As you can imagine, a VM can include sensitive data. But I heard the improvement to play it in the app right away.

Again, thank you for your feedback to improve our product; we will consider it for future product investments.

Ben