Skip to main content

Hi,

I am fairly new to PagerDuty, and I am working on a task to fetch data from PagerDuty and load it in a bucket in GCS and I am planning to do it by a Python script. Can someone please give me a high level overview of how to do it? I am not sure if I should use Rest APIs or Event APIs. Any guidance would be much appreciated, thank you!

Hello @sahithya pai!

If you want to extract information from PagerDuty you definitely need to use the REST APIs. Events API is used to send events to PagerDuty that then get redirected to the correct service, not for querying data that exists in PagerDuty.

We do provide a python client if you want to give it a try. It’s an open source project so take that into consideration if you decide to follow that path.

I would recommend you to follow our documentation to understand how you can authenticate and start using the APIs. Also, you can look into the Rest API specification to get more details on each API methods, parameters, payloads and HTTP status code responses.

This should put you in the right direction. Let me know if there is anything else more specific that I can help with.