Skip to main content

Hello everyone!

I’m looking for a piece of advice, got stuck with integration between PagerDuty and Google Cloud Monitoring.

In my GCP project, I have several alert policies that trigger when cloud function execution fails. After a policy is triggered an incident in GCP is created and after some time it gets resolved if a condition doesn’t meet. So it works fine.

We recently started working on an infrastructure monitoring project and have been trying to integrate those cloud function incidents into PagerDuty. By enabling PagerDuty Services on the GCP side we managed to perform a basic integration and new incidents are now successfully forwarded to PagerDuty. But all subsequent changes in Google incidents are not displayed in PagerDuty, neither acknowledging nor closing.

Such behavior creates a lot of noise on the PageDuty side because effectively closed incidents remain open in PagerDuty and we have to resolve them manually.

On the Goggle side I configured PagerDuty Sync but no luck.

Has anyone ever encountered the same problem and is there any workaround? Appreciate any help!

Just missed the “Notify on incident closure” checkmark in the google alerting policy. After enabling it auto-resolve works as expected.

But acknowledging still doesn’t work. If an incident is acknowledged in google it doesn’t get acknowledged in PagerDuty. Is this supposed to work at all?

Hello @aleksandr drabkin!

I was running some tests for this integration myself. It was my first time doing it so I wanted to make sure I followed all the steps. I get the exact same experience as you do. Acknowledging doesn’t propagate to PagerDuty and things like message on GCP side don’t move to PagerDuty either.

I would reach out to Google in this specific situation because the integration is done from their side. The PagerDuty APIs allow incidents to be acknowledged and much more so I guess it’s an implementation decision.

Hello @tiago barbosa!

Thanks for the reply! Appreciate your involvement, let’s keep in touch, hopefully, google will be able to expand the capabilities of their integration