Need help with PagerDuty

schedules

(Vineet Bedi) #1

Hello All,

I have couple of issues which I will be listing down and I apologize if this has to go in a different thread.

1. Scheduling Issue:
    I have one Team(US and India) and I have created two different schedules namely, US DR Team and US IDC Team and put the people according to their Region and Shifts.

Example:
IDC:
Weekly Rotation, 08:00 to 17:00 - Layer1 (1st Shift)
Weekly Rotation, 12:00 to 20:00 - Layer2 (2nd Shift)

US:
Weekly Rotation, 08:00 to 14:00 - Layer1 (1st Shift)
Weekly Rotation, 12:00 to 17:00 - Layer2 (2nd Shift)
Weekly Rotation, 16:00 to 20:00 - Layer2 (2nd Shift)

I expect that the Pager Duty to send the alerts as per the Schedule, however it is sending alerts to only IDC team only and that too post the Shift time, which is strange.

1. Escalation Policy:
    I have two escalation policies, one for IDC which is me and one for US which is my manager in the US.

However, all the escalation calls are directing to me and strangely I observed when i go to Pager Duty, it shows my name as - Always on-call for Escalation for IDC.

1. Importing Schedules:
    Is there a way to schedule directly by importing the csv as manually adding the schedule is a pain.

2. Last question, how do I manage if someone is going on Leave? Currently, I have to remove that person from that Layer and add him back after he is back which is another pain area. Please advise any better way of handling the same.

Hoping for a positive response from the team.

Thank you all in advance!

(Chiedu Uraih) #2

Hello Vineet,

We are closing off this post off as ticket is a better medium to address the issues raised. We will be responding to you via the ticket you raised with support.

Thanks

(system) closed #3

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.