If you tuned into the October 2023 product roadmap webinar, you heard about a lot of new capabilities coming to the PagerDuty Operations Cloud. Many capabilities are in Early Access now, and you may be able to try those features out by filling out the Early Access form. Many of the new capabilities discussed build on relatively recent foundational constructs, like Event Orchestration and Incident Workflows, so you may find useful resources to get started with those features in the last Future Ready Guide (June 2023).
Keep reading for a curated collection of resources to learn more about new capabilities and get started on using them in your PagerDuty Operations Cloud environment.
Demo Round-up: Get the lay of the land with a one-hour demo showcase that highlights several new capabilities in action and working together!
Check out two new webhook events to GA – Custom Fields and Conference Bridge webhooks. These webhooks allow you to receive real time events when the value of a custom field or conference bridge changes, and are critical for keeping downstream systems up to date.
You can learn more about these webhooks in the developer documentation.
Always good to hear what some best practices are to up your game!
- Blog: 6 Best Practices for Seamless Notifications with International SMS
- Video: 10 Things every PagerDuty User Should Know
- Blog: 10 Years of Failure Friday at PagerDuty: Fostering Resilience, Learning and Reliability
Event Orchestration Variables (Early Access)
- Build intelligent automation based on historical context to inform other tools and processes for a faster, more targeted incident response. Unlock dynamic event processing, detection and correlation, and more refined end-to-end event-driven automation. Learn more in the docs
More (new stuff) on getting up to speed with Event Orchestration:
- Watch the Tips and Tricks session
- Users can now use this tool to automatically migrate their Service Event Rules to Service Event Orchestration either via API or the UI. For more info, check out our Knowledge Base article on Push-Button Migration
- Demo of how to add notes to an incident
- Demo of how to suppress alerts
- Demo of how to route incidents
- Demo of how to enrich incidents
- Demo fo how to pause incidents
AI-generated runbooks (Early Access)
Build runbooks in a fraction of the time to take your automation practice to the next level!
- Read the blog
- Watch the demo video
- Hear from Product Manager Jake Cohen on AI-generated Runbooks
Triggering Automation Action via Incident Workflows (Early Access)
Make your Incident Workflows even more powerful by including infrastructure automation as a step!
- Find the section in the docs on different actions to take in Incident Workflows
AI-generated Incident Postmortems (Early Access)
- Watch the demo video
AI-generated Status updates (Early Access)
- Watch the demo video
Incident Workflows updates
- Incident Workflow Templates: We’ve made it easier for you to get off and running with Incident Workflows by introducing templates, which provide a helpful starting point and show best practices. Now, when you navigate to Incident Workflows you will see 3 templates: Major Incident Workflow, Collaboration Workflow, and update Stakeholders Workflow. Try templates for yourself or learn more by visiting our knowledge base.
- Create Incident Workflows where actions can reference the outputs of other actions! For example, the for an Incident action will now provide as a field reference that can be used in subsequent actions. Learn more by checking out our Knowledge Base article
- Create Dedicated Incident Chat in Microsoft Teams. Along with Create a Meeting, users can create a dedicated Incident chat room via PagerDuty Workflows. The incident chat will include an incident notification card with real-time incident updates and incident action buttons. It will also automatically add responders that have been added to the incident. Checkout the Integration Guide for more details.
- Create Incident Chat Room: Along with Create a Meeting, Customers can now create a dedicated Incident chat room via PagerDuty Workflows. The incident chat will include an incident notification card with real-time incident updates and incident action buttons. It will also automatically add responders that have been added to the incident. Checkout the Integration Guide for more details.
Analytics Dashboard (Early Access)
Read the docs
Video overview of what’s new in analytics
Read the blog
- Custom Fields in Status Update Notifications Templates (STUNTs) help response teams to share important information from 3rd party integrations or company-specific incident data with stakeholders. Also, the selection of available standard fields in STUNTs was expanded to include "Assignments”, “Urgency”, and “Previous Status Updates”, so teams can add even more context about the incidents at hand. To learn more, check out our Knowledge Base article.
- Users with edit access to a schedule can rename schedule layers; users with a base role of at least admin can add and remove teams from a schedule. Learn more by checking out the Knowledge Base article, watching this update on What’s new in Scheduling, or reading this blog
Customer Service Ops
- Watch the new overview demo video
Premium Status Pages
Customers can use Private Status Pages to proactively and securely communicate real-time operational updates with their stakeholders via Single Sign-On (SSO) without requiring a PagerDuty account. By doing so, they can consolidate communication tools, drive operational efficiencies, and break down silos to deliver exceptional customer experiences. Learn More in the knowledge base
CSOps for ServiceNow CSM rules engine
PagerDuty Ruleset for ServiceNow CSM is now available in the ServiceNow App Store. This release allows users (Specifically the San Diego and Tokyo versions) to automate PagerDuty or ServiceNow Customer Service Management actions when conditions on ServiceNow Cases or PagerDuty Incidents are met. Read the latest blog
Which features are you most excited to try out? Is there anything we can help you get started with?