Custom message on Response Play to use variables

I note that there was a previous request for this back in January 2019…

Is there any movement with it please?

Our particular Use Case is to define a custom message in Response Plays and also include a URL to the incident in question, so that the responders have a way of easily navigating to the problem.

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you provide more details about your use-case?

The Response Play message should refer back to the Incident in question, so do you mean a URL to the Incident on the Integration side?

We can then take these details to add to the feature request, which is still on-going.

if there are any details you would prefer not be disclosed in the Community, please send them to support@pagerduty.com and refer back to this post.

Let us know!

Nick

1 Like

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

My requirements were to be able to define a custom message in the Response Play and also have a link to the Incident in question included in the email notification - we have just tested this and it all works as I’d hoped, so this request can be scrapped thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

However, during testing when configuring the Response Play we specified the Conference Bridge and Meeting URL fields but couldn’t see any of these details in the Incident itself or notification received.

Regards
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

We do have an option to enable the conference bridge phone number for responder SMS notifications.

If this would be of interest, please send us or your Customer Success Manager an email to have it enabled. In the meantime, we’ll be sure this share the feedback to include the conference bridge information in incident notifications with our Product team!