UIM Integration

questions
ca-uim

(Kevin Martin) #1

I am having an issue with my UIM integration. I have followed the very clear documentation and installed in both my test and production environments. The initial alarm triggers an event with no issues. I am have the following issues.

1. When acknowledged in PagerDuty, there are no updates in the UIM alarm as expected.

2. I do see calls to the API generated an HTTP 200 OK, but then see:
    xxx - ERR Maximum retries reached while attempting to fetch newly created Incident.
    xxx - Unable to update UIM alarm for PD Incident: GK41697388-80913.
    xxx - Null returned from PD API for requested incident key: ‘GK41697388-80913’.

3. Finally, when acknowledge or closed in UIM, the close message does not go to Pagerduty, it looks to me as though there may be different nimid associated with the close.

I’ll take any help otherwise we will need to go with email as we write our integration with the v2 API.

Thanks

(Jade Paoletta) #2

Hi Kevin,

CA UIM is among our Bi-Directional integrations that will not work if you have both alerts and incidents enabled. Since the Incident Key returns as Null, this leads me to believe you may have alerts and incidents enabled for your Service.

Could you please navigate to the Edit Service page to confirm that you have the associated Service configured to create “Incidents only”?

You can read more about this here.

(Kevin Martin) #3

Perfect. All bi-directional capabilities appear to be working correctly.

(Jade Paoletta) #4

Hi Kevin,

I’m glad to hear that did the trick. Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance!

(system) #5