Status Dashboard

Hello :slight_smile:
Question on the new Status page feature.
1st off - Great :slight_smile:
2nd - can it be externalised to users who are not part of my PD users list?
to put it simply, do I have to add the CEO to Page Duty for him to enjoy this new features benefits?
Thank you :slight_smile:
Lior

Hi Lior,

At this time, the minimum to view and subscribe to the status dashboard is to be a limited stakeholder so an account of some sort will be required.

1 Like

Thank you Chris :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Lior

Hi Lior,

Not a problem. If you like, I can forward this to our product team as a feature request going forward.

1 Like

I had the same question - the answer is disappointing. I was hoping that it worked like statuspage.io where anyone can subscribe, not just logged in PD users. e.g. with statuspage.io, 1,000 subscribers cost $99/month. With PD, if every user must at least be a (limited?) stakeholder user to subscribe, that same 1,000 subscribers would cost $2,000/month.

1 Like

Hi @himmel92,

I’m on the Product team at PagerDuty. Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback! Our status dashboard feature is meant to enable internal org communications - sharing information across different teams inside your company. We currently require users to have a login to keep your status info secure. This is more similar to the “private page” product from Statuspage.io, rather than the “public page” product you referenced.

We decided to start with a feature that enables internal communications because we had more feature requests around this area. We also heard from customers that these internal communications are best able to be automated based on the information available in PagerDuty. However, there have been several feature requests around external or public comms as well, so we’re interested in exploring how we might address that need in the future. Would it be OK if I reach out to you to learn more about your use case?

1 Like

Katie -
Sure - I’m happy to talk to you further about this.

J.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.