Single Signon and V1 API Calls

rest-api
questions

(Eston Stiles) #1

Hello Everyone,

First, noob at leveraging API calls with PAgerduty so if there is a RTFM place let me know. Second, the question i have is that our company leverages single-signon for our subdomain, with that knowledge can we leverage V1 API calls? Right now I am trying to use a rest api client to work on calls and get data back but the call keeps getting redirected.

Thanks in advance!

Bonus question:
If I have to go to V2, how do we define subdomain?

(Anton Van Oosbree) #2

Hi Eston,

To clarify, are you trying to make calls against our REST API v2 — the term “API” gets tossed around a lot and can refer to different parts of the application, so I just wanted to confirm. If so, this is our best reference doc for the REST API v2:

When working with the REST API v2, you do not specifically need to include your subdomain in the URL. This information is encoded in your API access token and the base endpoint will always be https://api.pagerduty.com.

You’d asked about whether single sign-on should affect your ability to use the REST API, and, to my knowledge, that should not pose a problem at all. For calls to the REST API v1 (documentation), you can see your subdomain in the URL where you log in to PagerDuty, for example subdomain.pagerduty.com.

Best,

(Eston Stiles) #3

Hey Anton thanks!

Yes, Rest API :slight_smile:
On the V2, could not get them to work correctly, so doing V1 but my api calls get redirected and wasnt sure if the two are compatible.

IS there a document that calls out exactly what the account needs configured to allow api calls for V2? I grab the various IDs and I have my read only token but always get unknown response code back.

(Anton Van Oosbree) #4

Hi Eston,

REST API access is available on Basic pricing plans and above, but I’m not sure if that’s a concern at your organization. I’d guess not if you’re able to use SSO, for example, which is only available to higher pricing plans.

Would you mind sending a note with some more details over to support@pagerduty.com? Helpful info would be:

• The last four characters of the REST API token used to make the call;
  • The timestamp of the last time that the call was made;
  • The full URL of the API request, including parameters, if any;
  • The headers that were set (excluding Authorization) in the HTTP request.

Cheers,

(system) #5