Set priority for the Incidents that are coming from Email Service's

services
urgencies

(Manoj Kumar Goduguluri) #1

I have Email service enabled and I want to set the priority for the Email like (P-1 or P2 ). I know we can get the urgency of the incident but I also would like to add the priority to the incident as well ?
I tried checking the event rule and not able to find how to set priority for matching incident’s , it would be nice to have that feature enabled or not sure if it already exists. But for now I am only able to set the priorities for only the triggered incidents.

(Jade Paoletta) #2

Hi Manoj,

At the moment, we don’t have a way to automatically set priority on an incident triggered via email.

As you mentioned, this is possible to do with urgency, but not with priority. We can certainly see the value in having this functionality and I’m happy to submit this as a feature request to our Product team.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

(Simon Fiddaman) #3

I support being able to set Priorities with event rules globally - having to set them manually is what prevents us from implementing them at all.

(Alexander Chernyshev) #4

I’m also interested in setting incident priority from e-mail contents. Especially considering I do already have a number there.