Rest API Change Urgency Field

Hi,

This is related to the post: Regarding Urgency Field

Here what is the meaning to change upward? does this mean we can only change from LOW to HIGH? but I can change from HIGH to LOW also.

What about the integer number in audits? We are getting the following audit for urgency change:
“old_urgency”:6
“new_urgency”: 2
What does this 6 and 2 mean? How to get the Urgency Name from the Id? or Id from the Urgency Name?

Let me know in case of any concerns.

Regards,
Sonal

HI Sonal,

What was meant here was that with Alert grouping you can only move an Incident from Low to High. If you have a specific example to share and would like us to investigate, please share this it in a direct thread with Support@pagerduty.com and do not share it here, as it is an open forum where do don’t encourage sharing any personal info.

John

Hi,

What about the integer number in audits? We are getting the following audit for urgency change:
“old_urgency”:6
“new_urgency”: 2
What does this 6 and 2 mean? How to get the Urgency Name from the Id? or Id from the Urgency Name?

Let me know in case of any concerns.

Regards,
Sonal

Hi Sonal,

When the urgency is changed via the REST API, a log entry stores the data in the format:

6 is tied to high urgency and 2 is tied to low urgency. These are the key details you would see in the REST API log entry for the urgency change:

{
      "type": "urgency_change_log_entry",
      "channel": {
        "type": "api",
        "old_urgency": 6,
        "new_urgency": 2
      }
}

Please know that this is not the format needed to actually update the urgency via REST API. There is no ID for these urgency like there are for Incident Priorities.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.