I’m not sure if this is in the realm of possibilities with PagerDuty as I am able to understand, but I would like to do one of the following for an escalation policy:
- On event, AUTO RESOLVE/IGNORE if schedule is Business Hours
- On event, notify ONCALL_USER if schedule is After Hours
- After 30 minutes if not acknowledged, alert USER1 and USER2
Problem – I can’t set a rule for Step 1, and not setting Step 1’s type of rule, when not on After Hours schedule, the event immediately goes to Step 3
- On event, if during Business Hours, alert USER1 and USER2
- On event, if during After Hours, alert ONCALL_USER
- If no acknowledge in 30 minutes alert USER3 and USER4
Problem – I can’t seem to schedule multiple users in a schedule, it seems only 1 person is allowed on call at a time.
As a workaround I’ve seen you can add a dummy user which could intern make Option 1 work, but that would be burning a license I really don’t want to pay for just for a workaround.
Any advice would be great.