How to set Low Urgency for Email Integration for a service?

email
questions
urgencies

(Amit Pandey) #1

Hi Team - How to set Low Urgency for Email Integration for a service? I am able to set up rules for trigger and resolve. Trigger always trigger HIGH urgency incident. I am not able to figure out a way to set certain alerts to be HIGH and LOW Urgency. Event Rule doesn’t support email so can’t set Severity there.

(Jonathan Curry) #2

At this time the only way to trigger high- and low-urgency incidents via email is to create two services, and configure one to trigger high-urgency incidents and the other to trigger low-urgency incidents.

You’ll want to create email integrations on both services and set the integration address to the exact same thing (i.e. set both to all-alerts@acme.pagerduty.com), and create email filters or management rules on both so that messages matching your high-urgency conditions only trigger incidents on your high-urgency service and vice versa.

(Amit Pandey) #3

Thank you! I will try that.

(Tom) #4

Is this still the only way to do this?

(Thomas Roach) #5

No, we recently released Global Event Routing, which allows you to set the severity (and thus the urgency) of an incoming email. I recommend taking a read of the guide I linked to see how it’s done, and get back to us either here or email us at support@pagerduty.com if you need any assistance!