Email integration, setting severity via content in email

questions
email-management

(Matthew Larson) #1

Hey all. I want PD to use email included severities (via email integration) to determine the Alert Severity of the incident that PD creates. How can I pull the severity info from email and put it into the event so that it gets created with an appropriate Urgency? Thanks!

(Malcolm Konner) #2

Hi Matthew,

You have some options to control incident behavior on email integrations using email management rules, I’ve linked a Knowledge Article on the subject below:

Using email management, you can set up two services with the same email integration key, one being High-Urgency and one being Low-Urgency. You can then use email filters and management rules to determine which emails go to which service, creating incidents of appropriate severity.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

(Matthew Larson) #3

Does that mean I can use the same email address in both services? (and just use different filtering options)

(Malcolm Konner) #4

Hi Matthew,

That’s correct, each service can have the same email integration key. You can then use email filters and management rules to determine which emails go to which service, triggering incidents of appropriate urgency.

(system) #6