Create Responder API Call Failing

rest-api

(Justin Griffin) #1

Hi there,

I’m having trouble with this API call - /Incidents/post_incidents_id_responder_requests

I’m certain the values I’m providing are valid in terms of incident id, requestor_id, and user id of the responder request targets. im using the format in the api reference.

{
“requester_id”: “PKHUUZA”,
“message”: “Please help with issue”,
“responder_request_targets”: [
{
“id”: “PP0QZRP”,
“type”: “user_reference”
}
]
}

can some confirm if they are able to successfully execute this, or if i have a format issue?

(Malcolm Konner) #2

Hi Justin,

I was just having trouble making calls on this endpoint too using the sample format provided there. It looks like the current sample referenced in the Create a responder request for an incident is a tad off, which we’ll work on updating immediately. Thank you for bringing that to our attention!

Please try the below updated sample payload which is working for me:

{
  "requester_id": "PKHUUZA",
  "message": "Please help with issue",
  "responder_request_targets": [
    {
        "responder_request_target": {
            "id": "PP0QZRP",
          "type": "user_reference"
        }
    }
  ]
}

The above should work but let me know if you’re still having any issues. I’m curious to know what response/error you’re getting if so.

(Justin Griffin) #3

so very strange i got it to work once, but not again. only difference was a tried it on another triggered incident. Here is the response I keep getting. Tried a variety of different incidents and users to see if i could isolate the issue, no luck.

{
“error”: {
“message”: “Not Found”,
“code”: 2100
}
}

(Justin Griffin) #4

To be honest it seems like it can’t find that API endpoint or something, as it responds the same regardless of the values i supply even if they are invalid.

(Malcolm Konner) #5

Hmm, I’m actually having a hard time getting any errors now after using the updated payload format posted earlier. I’m swapping out fields to try to replicate but and the only way I’ve been able to get that exact response, 2100 with "Not Found, was when I tried making the call with a v1 REST API key. Are you using a v2? You can check on your account’s API Access page if you’re not positive

(Justin Griffin) #6

OK well strange i’m pretty certain i was using a valid key, but after i generated a new one and tried again I am also now getting consistent positive results. Thanks for the Help

(Chris Dryden) #7

Hi Justin,

Thanks for letting us know. Keep us updated if you run into any issues with the new key.