Channel.details field data type is unpredictable

If I create Incident via REST API then it can only allow string type for Details.
If I create incident via PagerDuty UI then it can only allow string type value for Description.
If I create incident via Event API then it will allow key value pair in Details.

There are 3 ways I found to create incidents in pagerduty.

Now, If I load incident to get first trigger entry and from that I can get Channel.details field value.

Question is in some cases it can contain String while in some cases it can contain Map, So I would like to understand this behavior ? Is this valid behavior ?

Hi Hardik,

Thanks for reaching out on community! Correct they are the 3 ways to trigger incidents on Pagerduty. Can you share some snippets of the differences in responses that concerns you so we can be a bit more specific?

Please do remember as community is a public forum, not share any account specific info, if you would like to share more sensitive information with us do so over our direct support@pagerduty.com

John

Hi hardik,

Sorry about the inconsistencies. Requires more code, but I think you can use the type field to predict what the format will be.

For example, if you trigger in the PagerDuty UI:
"type": "web_trigger"