Add a responder to an incident via API

I have a script that reads logs. It can connect to Pagerduty via API call( or through Prometheus alertmanager or any other service that you recommend).

I need to assign the person on the log as a responder in PagerDuty. This has to be done via code and not UI.

What should i use at the PagerDuty end to achieve this? An API call? Custom Event Transformer? etc.

Hi Sutirtha,

You should be able to make that call via the REST API. Do take a look and let me know if there are further questions.

Thanks.

Thanks . I ran some code to test it out and was successful after using this format https://v2.developer.pagerduty.com/docs/incident-creation-api.

However this involves a user API token which we plan to not use. Integration keys are fine so is there a way to assign responders via an Events API as well?

Hello Sutirtha,

You can’t achieve that using the Events API as they are used for triggering, acknowledging, and resolving incidents. The REST API is the available option for this purpose.I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.