Using pagerduty - servicenow integration directional

Goodafternoon ,

I am a analyst investigating the use of the pagerduty servicenow integration and noticed that the integration has some unwanted side effects for us. Basically we would want to

1. use the integration directional from pagerduty to Servicenow. This to avoid that modifications in Servicenow disrupts the work in PagerDuty
    2 Import a select number of services from Pagerduty into Servicenow
    3 Sync only incidents for the imported services to serviceNow. ( any updates done in servicenow can either be overwritten or ignored.)

Yes i have read the integration guide and related documentation but to no resolve.

Does anybody know whether this is possible with the current integration ? what globally should be modified ? or would you develop your own integration using webhooks ?

Regards
Bert

Hi Bert,

Thanks for reaching out! Currently the ServiceNow integration is bi-directional so updates made to an incident will update the corresponding incident on both PagerDuty and ServiceNow, are you looking to have the integration function just from PagerDuty to ServiceNow so that changes made in ServiceNow does not affect the PagerDuty incident? Regarding your other questions, the ServiceNow integration will only sync services that are provisioned/mapped between ServiceNow and PagerDuty so you’re able to choose the services with a connection. I hope that makes sense, please let us know if you have any questions!

Regards,

Anything is possible! There would be some configuration/customization changes likely needed but more details needed. I’d suggest working with your account team and considering Professional Services if things can’t be handled by your ServiceNow Admin/Developers.

You can make changes to our ServiceNow Business Rules to control what, if anything, flows from ServiceNow to PagerDuty.

You can select the PagerDuty Technical Services of interest, and then update the ServiceNow Configuration Items with the correct object & webhook IDs to “link” them together.