User setting for working hours

One complaint I’ve seen is that people should have a “working hours” that turns off notifications (outside of schedules) for anything outside of those hours. So this way we could leave an escalation policy to assign a group of people and it only notify them if they’re inside their working hours, or if they are included in an on call schedule.

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for your feedback. We have a similar feature at the service level where incident urgency (and therefore notification type) can be set according to support hours.

It is our recommendation that individual availability hours be configured using schedules. For example, if you have a user who is only available from 0800-1500 Monday through Wednesday, you can create a schedule just for that individual that can be added to escalation policies for more granular control over who is notified of an incident, and when.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Hi, Sorry for posting on such an old topic.
We also have need of that feature for a similar reason.
We have members of the team all over the world and depending on the urgency level of an event we want to either alert only during working ours or alert 24/7. The problem is that this working hours are different depending on each member of the team so I can’t just set the support hours on the service lvl or even the schedule lvl.

1 Like

+1,

I am responsible for scheduling rotating shifts on weekly basis for individuals who have different off-duty hours in different time zones.

Example:

• week 1 is user A on call from 9 to 5 in CET
  • week 2 is user B on call from 9 to 5 in PST
  • week 3 is user C on call from from 8.30 to 16.30 in EST
  • week 4 is user D on call from 9 to 5 in CET