If you’re seeing these errors, then usually it’s caused by one of these two things:
- The SolarWinds host can’t initiate a TCP/TLS connection with the events API.
.dllfile file is corrupted or needs to be updated.
In the majority of all cases, it’s reason number One, and that in turn can be caused by the following things (the list below is not exhaustive, but you get the idea):
- Your Windows host can’t connect to any host outside of the local network (look at your security or firewall settings);
- A root certificate is missing from the Windows environment running SolarWinds, and that causes remote host validation errors and thus TLS handshakes failures;
- You may also have an issue with the internet connection or the connection is being blocked.
How to troubleshoot:
- Make sure that firewall and security settings in Windows allow outbound connections to remote hosts
- Check your internet connection, to make sure that your host can reach events.pagerduty.com
- Make sure that you have the GeoTrust CA root certificate installed in Windows
- Check that your proxy servers, routers, firewalls or NIPS, etc. allow TCP connections