Slack integration: notify when urgency changes

My team uses a service with support hours to ensure that low urgency issues don’t notify us outside of business hours. We have it configured to escalate any open issues to high urgency when business hours begin, so that, e.g., we’ll get notified on Monday morning of any low urgency issues which were triggered over the weekend.

This works well for PD’s internal notification settings, but doesn’t play nicely with the Slack integration. It seems that “urgency change” isn’t an event in the slack (V2) integration which can be used to send a message to our OC channel, which is unfortunate because that’s where almost all of our issue triaging and troubleshooting takes place.

Would it be possible to include changed urgency as an update which can trigger slack notifications in the slack integration? Or is there some workaround to support the use case I’m talking about if not?

Hi Richard,

Thank you for reaching out!

Per your use-case, I would advise you to use Status Updates which would trigger a Slack notification within the channel.

If you have any questions in regards to this feature, please contact us at support@pagerduty.com and we will be happy to further assist!

Cheers,