Scheduling

I have 4 Tech’s 2 work on 1 Friday and the other 2 work the opposite Friday so it is a every 2 week schedule I am having issues with trying to add this to PagerDuty.
Any help will be appreciated.

Hello Tim, I hope you’re doing well.

Thanks for reaching out on this matter.

Based on the scenario you proposed, you could create two schedules, for example Schedule Friday 1 and Friday 2. In each of them will be the on-call tech for that Friday, but also have the other tech which will be the following week. You can set the hand off time to be from Friday at 00:00, restrict on-call shifts to specific times from Friday at 00:00 to Saturday at 00:00 (or corresponding) and to rotate weekly. This should be done for both schedules. You can see the attached screenshot as an example. You might check this article of our Knowledge Base for a more detailed explanation.

This scenario doesn’t contemplate the gaps in the schedules. Remember to fill them up necessarily, whether in the same schedules or in the Escalation Policy, so no incidents get lost.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Kind regards,

1 Like

Thank you for the response !!!

May be it available in PagerDuty docs . You can check in : People - on call schedule- new on call schedule.