new mandatory 'from' header on /incidents/{id}/notes

Since today our integration as received the following error :

ERROR 1008 Requester User Not Found

the query was the folllowing :

https://api.pagerduty.com/incidents/{id}/notes

According to the api reference there is no mandatory ‘from’ header.
While trying on the ‘try it’ tab, with the correct api key and the correct incident id we had the same error 1008.

has someone experienced the same issue? or can confirm this change is permanent and that we shall update our code?

thanks!

We’re seeing the same issue. The docs don’t mention a ‘from’ header for GET notes. They do mention a mandatory ‘from’ header for POST note, which makes sense. Smells like a bug.

Hi All,

Apologies for any inconvenience here.

We are seeing that the List notes for an incident endpoint is suddenly requiring a From header with a valid user’s email address and we do have a report out to our Engineering team about this.

I can keep you both updated here as soon as I have an update from them. Please also feel free to write into us at Support and refer to this issue or this community post if you’d like to be updated directly over email.

As a workaround, we have discovered that the email address does not need to be valid, so we’re sending “tmp fix”.

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share here that this has been fixed, so there should no longer be a need to have a From header. Apologies for any inconvenience! Please let me know if either of you are still having any issues

Hi,

Thanks for the quick fix, I can confirm everything is back to normal from our side.