I want to get the raw details of the email Integration as i need to validate the email headers

Trying to figure out how to get the raw details of an event triggered by an email. In the portal UI, I can use the ‘show_raw_details’ method to show the email, however, the API doesn’t appear to provide access.

https://[host].pagerduty.com/incidents/[incident id]/log_entries/[log id]/show_raw_details

I am trying to parse the email to get the email headers so that i can validate the DKIM Signature at my application end

Hello Johny,

Thanks for reaching out on our Community space. Have you had a chance to use the request below?

https://developer.pagerduty.com/docs/ZG9jOjExMDI5NTg5-retrieving-incident-details

This includes specific details on how to make this request with an incident created via email.

Kind regards,
John

John O’Donnell
Team Lead, EMEA Support@pagerduty.com

Hi John

Thanks for the reply. We have already tried this method. But in this case if we pass channel as email we are only getting below parameters of email that is body, to, from etc. We are not getting email headers as we see in show_raw_details URI on UI. Email Headers will help us to validate the authenticity of DKIM SIgnature. So basically when we include[]=channels, we get this raw_url below:
“raw_url”: “/alerts/Q3WXZPJXOKE74A/log_entries/R92D761LNIEMW3FWWC932QWYQ1/show_raw_details”,

This raw_url on ui return content which we expect. We need to get the same content from API.

What is the use of resources API. Can you provide an example for the same

Hello Johny,

Apologies for the confusion, but it does not appear that it is fully supported by our parameters at this point. Happy to share this feedback with our product team however and let them know what you are looking for !

Apologies again but do let us know if there’s anything else.

John

John O’Donnell
Team Lead, EMEA Support@pagerduty.com

Hi John O’Donnell
Can we escalate product team to add this endpoint as this would be critical information from security point of view and any Integration can validate this via email headers, since we are already showing this on UI, so we can get this easily through API as well.

This would be very helpful for us in achieving our use case. If needed we can anytime schedule a meeting to discuss this issue.

Hello Johny,

Your feed back has been shared with the Product team for consideration as a Feature Request.

Kind regards,