Clarification on how the Auto-Pause functionality

Hi

I’m looking for clarification on how the Auto-Pause functionality works.

I read that it uses machine learning to assess transient alerts and automatically pauses them based on a user-specified period. I appreciate that until the machine learning is established then transient alerts will still create incidents, but once the learning has been established for a particular alert would I expect to see an Incident immediately on receipt of the alert or only once the pause period has been exceeded for the resolve alert?

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,

With Auto-Pause, you would expect to see the alert in the Alerts table listed as Suspended. If these are not resolved within the specified timeframe, then the incident will be created. It is also possible for a person to trigger an incident from the suspended alert during the pause period as well as manually resolve the alert.

If the alert does not auto-resolve within the specified period, then it will create an incident and notify responders. With this - you would expect to see the incident creation after your specified time period.

Cheers,

Abbott Brannon
Team Lead - East

1 Like

I have another question on this subject…

If we have a default Auto-Pause period of 5 minutes configured and then manually increase this to 15 minutes (e.g. during an alert flood). Would this new longer period take effect immediately, i.e. pause incident creation for 15 minutes on transient alerts, or do we have to wait for the data science to re-calibrate?

Thanks
Chris